AIR TRANSPORT DEMAND AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITY IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Klíčová slova:demand, air transport, economic activity
The paper deals with often discussed issue of air transport demand. It describes the relationship between air transport demand and economic activity on the case of the Czech Republic. The paper concerns only on main civil airports designated for international traffic and specific macroeconomic values which describes the economic situation of the country. In each case there was found some kind of relationship between transportation performances and economic activity. The relationship was either direct or inverse, with different level of intensity.
(2) ABED, S.Y. et. al. An econometric analysis of international air travel demand in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Air Transport Management.2001, Vol. 7, No. 3, p. 143-148.
(3) VALDES, V. Determinants of air travel demand in Middle Income Countries. Journal of Air Transport Management, 2015, 42, p. 75-84.
(4) CHIN, A. and TAY, J. Developments in air transport: implications on investment decisions, profitability and survival of Asian airlines. Journal of Air Transport Management, 2001, Vol. 7, No. 5, p. 319-330.
(5) SURYANI E. et al. Air Passenger Demand Forecasting and Passenger terminal Capacity Expansion: A system dynamics Framework. Expert Systems with Applications, 2010, 37, p. 2324-2339.
(6) HU, Y. et al. Domestic air passenger traffic and economic growth in China: Evidence from heterogenous panel models. Journal of Air Transport Management, 2015, 42, p. 95-100.
(7) BAFAIL, A.O. et al. The determinants of domestic air travel demand in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Air Transportation World Wide, 2000, Vol. 5, No. 2, p.72-86.
(8) GROSCHE, T. Gravity models for airline passenger volume estimation. Journal of Air Transport Management, 2007, Vol. 13, No. 4, p. 175-183.
(9) PIERMARTINI, R. and ROUSOVA, L. Liberalization of Air Transport Services and Passenger Traffic. World Trade Organization: Staff Working Paper ERSD, 2008, 31 p.
(10) SIVRIKAYA, O. and TUNÇ, E. Demand forecasting for domestic air transportation in Turkey.The Open Transportation Journal, 2013, 7, p. 20-26. (11) CHÈZE, B. et al. Forecasting world and regional aviation jet fuel demands to the mid-term (2025). Energy Policy, 2011, Vol. 39, No.9, p. 5147-5158.
(12) HINDLS, R. et al. Statistika pro ekonomy. 8th edition. Praque: Professional Publishing, 2007. ISBN 978-80-86946-43-6.